Monday, June 8, 2009

Creating a blog post about my wiki surfing.

My wiki surfing led me to three little wiki's.
At book lovers it has some great ideas on feedback from patrons re their reading material.
I have found people love to discuss what they have just read especially if they hated it.
It is also good for me as i can absorb these discussions and use them as future book reviews to aid other patrons. We can never have too much reading related info like this wiki and other web sites that we keep hidden in our favorites folder.

The best practices wiki blew me away as I had come across this one earlier in this module 5.
As I looked down the menu items involving libraries and what a great resource this wiki contains, in the Service to Specific Groups heading there was no real mention of Mobile Library services. Sooooo something had to be done, as you dear readers of my blog might have noticed there is a closeness between me and Mobile library services. YES I subscribed to be able to edit this wiki (OH NO !!! another user name and password).
Still I have made my first wiki edit and it didn't hurt a bit.

Friends if you would like to follow the added adventures regarding mobile Libraries and library services in general ( it is highly recommended ) on this wiki you can find it at :http://www.libsuccess.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

Lastly I popped my foot into wookieepedia as the name had this poor surfer curious.
HAAAA it struck me ,of course that s what it is how obvious so how come I missed it .
SIGH
It must be a bloke thing.
A chuckle ensued as I sought out the little curios and info on the site.
Loved the logo in the top LH corner of the near wikipedia world transposed to the death star.


This module was good for me as our library uses a wiki for information , ideas and communication amongst the staff.
We have also created a Mobile Library wiki that has been introduced to all mobile libraries in NSW and will later be shared around Australia and then the World. ( I hope).
They work well if they are used. They don't reach their full potential if no one interacts with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment