Sunday, June 28, 2009

Delicious Stuff

TAGGING AND ALL THAT STUFF
This is the link to my delicious account.
http://delicious.com/MOBILELIBRARYMAN

Delicious is a good idea for the sharing of websites found by yourself or onsharing other peoples finds and discoveries.
Finding the time to look them up or utilise them in other ways could end up being a major feat as you sift through all the different hits. Accuracy of the search engine can be a problem ie. I searched "mobilelibraries" and received heaps of hits about everything mobile phone to library locations etc. but not one on mobile libraries.
I would probably use this as a last resort solution.

It would be useful as a tool which was an easy way to create bookmarks that can be accessed from anywhere.
As I use about four computers in my workplace of which two are in the mobilelibrary and at least two are in the main library , not counting the three that I use at home it can be a bit of a bug bear when we have favorites bookmarked on one computer that is not on the one you are using now.

ALSO how many times has this happened to you when one gets a new computer or the hard disk dies or the laptop gets run over by a bus or abducted by aliens or you fall asleep with it in the bath AND you did'nt backup your favorites file. Darned anoying I"ll tell you.
As well it did take a while to actually place the link to my Blog. Hope everyone else worked it out.

Yeh! OK if this suits your own situations some times not everyones BUT hey its good to know its out there.

See ya's in the next posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment